How to observe with the 2m Telescope (brief instructions)To turn on the telelescope and begin observation, the follow these steps:
- In the main control cabinet in the telescope control room, turn on the switch "ovládání napětí" and then press "start".
- Log in at the control computer with your username and password.
- the control computer has four virtual screens – Operating, Observatory, Technology and Service
- In the technology screen switch on the finder camera with DI 1.
- Switch to the Operating screen
- Turn on the oil control and wait until the correspondign green "On" appears
- Switch on the telescope, and wait until the correspondign green "On" appears
- If necessary:
- calibrate the polar and declination axis
- calibrate the dome
- calibrate the focus
- Open the shutters (tube, mirror and dome). They appear as "Appertures" at the control panel.
- Turn on tracking
- Switch on the correction – aberration, preccesion, and nutation, refraction, and error model
- Turn on the synchronization of the telescope and dome positions.
The manual control box allows the telescope to be moved at three different speeds.
- T1 – slew - fastest motion
- T3 – fine motion - slowest
At the end of the night:
- From the computer screen
- Close the shutters - dome, dube and mirror
- Stop the automatic dome motion
- Turn off the telescope
- Switch off the oil control
- Log off.
- Finally, switch off the control "ovládání napětí" in the control cabinet in the telescope control room.
Last update 19.09.2010